You’ve got veggies to use up in the fridge, you’ve got a packet of sweet potato noodles in the pantry and you have mince! Here’s your easy, quick and nutritious mid-week meal.
Dangmyeon, “glass noodles” in Korean, are made from sweet potatoes. When cooked they become translucent with a chewy texture. Perfect for stir-fry and soup.
If you don’t have any tamari paste, you could use soy sauce, fish sauce or coconut aminos. For more spice, add chilli powder or chilli oil to the dressing.
Sweet Potato Noodle Stir-fry
Perfect mid-week meal. It’s quick, affordable and full of whatever veggies you like!
100g packet of sweet potato noodles (Dangmyeon, “glass noodles”)
500g pork or turkey mince
4 cups finely chopped veggies: cabbage, carrot, pak choy, capsicum, celery
1 red chilli, finely sliced
Spring onion, finely sliced
2 tbsp. tamari paste
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 tsp. rice malt syrup or honey
salt and pepper
- Cook sweet potato noodles as per pack instructions.
- Heat pan on medium heat. Add mince until browned.
- Add the chopped veggies to the pan, mix well and then turn off the heat.
- Mix together the tamari, vinegar, syrup, salt & pepper.
- Add the sweet potato noodles and dressing to the pan, mix well.
- Distribute into bowls and top with sliced chilli and spring onion.