The Thermomix makes lentil dhal like a pro!
Lentils are an excellent source of nutrients, they’re also a great source of plant-based protein and fibre. Our gut bugs love them too!
This lentil dhal recipe with added veggies is made simple in the Thermomix. Lentils are a great way to increase diversity of nutrients in our diet, we talk about the importance of diversity here.
But… if you’re like me and love spice… there is a secret ingredient that takes it next level!
It’s got a BIG kick, so you only need 1 or 2 teaspoons!
Lentil Dhal made easy in the Thermomix
2cm piece ginger
2 garlic cloves
30g olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 small sweet potato, cubed
1 carrot, cubed
large handful of green beans, sliced
150g red lentils, washed
1 tbsp. vegetable stock concentrate (if you have any)
- To serve
300g brown rice
fresh herbs like coriander or parsley
fermented chilli paste
- Add onion, ginger and garlic to TM bowl. Chop 5 seconds/Speed 5.
- Add oil and Sauté 3mins/Varoma/Speed 1.
- Add spices, sweet potato, carrot, beans & vegetable stock to TM bowl.
- Add 250g of water and cook 15mins/100`C/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Pour in lentils, add 300g of water and cook 20mins/100`C/Reverse/Speed 1.
- Put dhal aside in Thermoserver bowl and stir through the spinach.
- Rinse TM bowl.
- Cook Rice & Eggs
- Insert 300g rice in basket and add 800g of water to TM bowl. Cook 30-35 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2. In the last 10 minutes – add the eggs to the top of the rice in the basket.
- Serve your dhal with the rice, herbs, chilli, sauerkraut and fermented chilli paste
- If using basmati rice – reduce rice cooking time to 15 minutes.